Seasonal or Vacation Home Insurance in Washington
Your seasonal home or vacation home isn’t your typical home, so your insurance shouldn’t be either. Vacation homes can be beacons of relaxation in a chaotic world, and in order to preserve you mental peace you want to make sure that your vacation home is properly insured with seasonal home insurance in Washington. We represent some of the top insurance companies for seasonal or vacation homes.
An insurance policy for a seasonal or vacation home will cover the structure itself for a covered loss. If you own a vacation home, your primary homeowner’s insurance policy often times will provide limited coverage for personal property on both properties. That may not satisfy replacement costs should a covered loss occur at your vacation home, so purchasing a seasonal (orvacation) home policy may be right for you.
A seasonal (or vacation) home policy covers much of what a traditional homeowner’s insurance policy, except, with some insurance companies, it has no liability coverage. In this case, if you insure both properties with the same company, the secondary home is often covered by the liability policy of your primary home.
Vacation Home Insurance Choices
- No primary residence requirement: Some companies require you insure both your primary residence and the vacation property. We offer insurance options from companies who can write a stand-alone policy for your vacation home.
- Comprehensive Property Coverage: Coverage for most direct, sudden and accidental physical losses that aren’t specifically included in your policy.
- Named Peril Coverage: This means covered “perils” (fire, explosions, lightning, windstorm and hail damage) which are specifically named in your policy, subject to policy exclusions and conditions.
- Liability Coverage: This coverage is for if you’re found legally responsible for an accident that causes injury to someone who doesn’t live in your home.
- Actual Cash Value. In the event of a covered loss, this covers the cost to replace or repair your damaged property, with a deduction for depreciation, which reflects the age and condition of your home.
- Agreed Loss Settlement. If your home is destroyed by an insured loss, you receive the full amount of agreed upon insurance for your home (minus any applicable deductible). No hassles.
- Optional Replacement Cost. Purchase Optional Replacement Cost coverage and get a settlement that reflects the cost to replace the damaged items with new property of comparable material and quality, without any deduction for depreciation.
- Extended Replacement Cost. You can receive up to 25% over of the insured amount, to replace your home! (not available in all states)
There may be more coverage available depending on the policy you select. Optional coverages can include Earthquake and Flood insurance if the vacation home are also available.
If you need to insure a seasonal or vacation home, let the experts All Insurance Inc., in Lacey, WA. They offer all types of insurance to cover you and are located right in the Olympia area. 360.438.2797